Why Take Breaks
Here is a summary of recent research and thinking on the value of taking breaks:
- “Movement breaks” are essential for your physical and emotional health.
- Breaks can prevent “decision fatigue”
- Breaks restore motivation, especially for long-term goals.
- Breaks increase productivity and creativity.
- “Waking rest” helps consolidate memories and improve learning.
- Walk or exercise.
- Connect with nature…or a streetscape.
- Change your environment.
- Have lunch or a healthy snack.
- Take a “power nap”-if it won’t get you fired.
- Take a few deep breaths.
- Day Dream
- Get creative!
Your daily cup of coffee may be doing more for you than providing that early-morning pick-me-up. The health impact of coffee has long been a controversial topic, with advocates touting its antioxidant activity and brain-boosting ability, and detractors detailing downsides such as insomnia, indigestion and an increased heart rate and blood pressure.
But the latest wave of scientific evidence brings a wealth of good news for coffee lovers. Here are 10 reasons drinking coffee may be healthier for you than you thought.
- Coffee is a potent source of healthful antioxidants.
- Caffeine provides a short-term memory boost.
- Coffee may help protect against cognitive decline.
- Coffee is healthy for your heart.
- Coffee may help curb certain cancers.
- Coffee may lessen your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Your liver loves coffee.
- Coffee can enhance exercise performance.
- Coffee curbs depression.
- Coffee guards against gout.
Please note: Dr. Sanchez has made some changes to her schedule.
You asked for it and Dr. Sanchez said YES to
9:30 am – 1:00 pm
March 3 & March 24
April 7 & April 28
May 5 & May 19
Her regular office hours are:
Monday 9:15 am to 7:00 pm
Wednesday 9:15 am to 7:00 pm
Thursday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Friday 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Dr. Sanchez will be out of the office from Wednesday, March 7 until Thursday March 22nd.
If you are in need of Chiropractic care during this time we have Dr. Sikura covering for Dr. Sanchez.